PAHO Webinar Series: Tackling Noncommunicable Diseases (NCDs), risk factors and mental health during the time of COVID-19
Transforming health systems toward optimal NCD management
On Monday, 7 June, 2021, join us on the webinar "Transforming health systems toward optimal NCD management", as part of the PAHO Webinar Series "Tackling Noncommunicable Diseases (NCDs), risk factors and mental health during the time of COVID-19"
For health systems and services, primary care services should be strengthened through the provision of innovations which have been successfully implemented during the pandemic, including tele-consultations, tele-pharmacy, self-management support and expanded utilization of community health workers to meet the needs of people living with NCDs.
The session will highlight how Universal Health Access and Coverage can improve outcomes for people with NCDs, and the health system strengthening, and primary care interventions needed to strengthen NCD management. With limited resources already stretched to manage the COVID-19 pandemic, NCDs must become a priority to ensure those living with NCDs receive the care needed to prevent premature death. An overview of health system capacity for NCDs in the Americas will be presented, along with a showcase of country experiences on NCD integration into primary care and health system strengthening initiatives.
- DATE: Monday, 7 June, 2021
- TIME 11:00 am- 12:30 pm (EDT) [check the time correspondence in your area at the bottom of the page]
- REGISTER: https://paho-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_LYhBmWqhTQ6LWkAgdv4kNw
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information on how to join the webinar
- If the capacity of the virtual room is exceeded, you can follow the session on the PAHO YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/pahotv
- LANGUAGE: The session will be in English and Spanish, with simultaneous translation to both languages.
NOTE: International Sign language interpretation and closed captioning (English and Spanish) will also be offered during the event.
Please check this page often to see updates on the agenda and more.
- 8:00 am.– Los Angeles
- 9:00 am – Belmopan, Guatemala City, Managua, San José (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 10:00 am– Kingston, Mexico City, Panamá City
- 11:00 am – Bridgetown, Castries, Georgetown, Nassau, Port of Spain, San Juan, Washington DC
- 12:00 pm. – Brasilia, Paramaribo
- 5:00 pm. – Geneva, Madrid
For other cities, check the time in the following link