On Wednesday, 6 March 2019, join us in the webinar "It´s time for ACTION on salt", organized by PAHO as part of the activities to mark Salt Awareness Week 2019.
The program includes an overview of the activities planned for 2019 by the PAHO Technical Advisory Group on Cardiovascular Diseases Prevention Through Population Wide Dietary Salt Reduction, as well as the presentation of the Network of Action on Strategies for Reducing Sodium Consumption and Prevention and Control of Cardiovascular Diseases in the Americas and the Caribbean. Finally, attendants will have the opportunity to learn about a new study on sodium levels in packaged foods in 14 countries.
- 11:00 am - Opening - Dr. Adriana Blanco, Risk Factors and Nutrition Unit Chief (PAHO)
- 11:05 am - Overview on the Update on the Sodium and Potassium Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs) - Dr. Mary L’Abbe. Professor, Department of Nutritional Sciences, and Director, WHO Collaborating Centre in Nutrition Policy for Chronic Disease Prevention. Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto (For more information, visit Dietary Reference Intakes for Sodium and Potassium)
- 11:10 am - Network of action on Strategies for Reducing Sodium Consumption and Prevention and Control of Cardiovascular Diseases in Latin America and the Caribbean - Eduardo Nilson. Technical Advisor, General Coordination of Food and Nutrition Minister of Health of Brazil
- 11:25 am - Sodium Levels in Packaged Foods Sold in 14 Latin American and Caribbean Countries: A Food Label Analysis - Dr. JoAnne Arcand. Assistant Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- 11:40 am - Discussion - Moderator: Dr. Rubén Grajeda. Advisor on Nutrition and Social Determinants (PAHO)
- 11:55 am - Closing remarks - Dr. Rubén Grajeda. Advisor on Nutrition and Social Determinants (PAHO)
- 08:00 am - Los Angeles
- 10:00 am - Mexico City, San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 11:00 pm - Bogotá, Lima, Quito, Kingston
- 12:00 pm - Bridgetown, La Paz, Sto. Domingo
- 1:00 pm - Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Stgo de Chile
For other cities, you can estimate the time in the following link.