Local Hiring Job - Washington, DC. (International Consultant)
Closing date: 6 December 2019
ASAP to 6 months (renewable)
To provide technical assistance to the Department of Health Systems and Services (HSS) / Special Program for Strategic Public Health Supplies in matters related to information gathering and analysis related to the Strategic Fund (FE) and in the operational / strategic planning of the unit's projects
I. Support the HSS Department / Special Program for Strategic Public Health Supplies in activities related to the registration, analysis and dissemination of information on purchases of medicines and supplies made by the FE, including the following tasks:
a) Capture purchasing information from the PMIS / WorkDay for quarterly monitoring of the procurement of medicines and supplies from the FE and preparation of a presentation to the HSS director and the FE team. Provide ad hoc data gathering and analysis to the FE team as required for opportunity analysis.
b) Serve as a Focal Point in meetings with the ITS team in order to implement the FE projects, including the development of the online catalog and the FE Dashboard.
c) Participate in the Working Group of the pilot of operational excellence to improve the purchasing processes of the FE.
d) Follow up and prepare the memoranda for the collection of accounts payable to countries that acquired products with the FE and that exceeded the 60-day period.
e) Support the updating of the communication tools of the FE.
f) Assist the FE team to map out current processes, develop SOPs, and conduct continuous improvement workshops to streamline and improve End-to-End process with seamless integration with various stakeholders.
g) Develop standard work, communication and stakeholder management matrix; both internal within PAHO/HSS and external
g) Support the Coordination of the FE in the activities as required.
The hiring time runs between Nov 2019 to May 2020.
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Experience: Seven years or more of experience in managing cross functional projects, as well as in the analysis and systematization of information.
Essential: University degree from a recognized university.
• Must be fluent in both English and Spanish
• Have training and experience in information collection, analysis and visualization of data
• Experience in process mapping (eg swim lanes) and process improvement methodologies (eg Six sigma/Lean)
• Experience in project and change management methodologies
• Have the ability to collect, process and analyze information on the flow of acquisitions made for the FE in the countries of the Region.
• Knowledge of database usage and advance knowledge of Excel or other data analytical tools
• Experience in the healthcare industry & supply chain processes would be an added advantage