On June 14th, 2011, the annual World Blood Donor Day ceremony for the Region of the Americas will be held in Argentina
MORE BLOOD Donors, More Healthy LIVES
"Give Blood Regularly"
World Blood Donor Day in Argentina
This year the global ceremony will be held in Argentina, a country that expects to have ONE MILLION VOLUNTARY BLOOD DONORS. The theme for this year's campaign in the Americas, "MORE BLOOD DONORS, MORE HEALTHY LIVES," carries two messages.
Eligibility for Blood Donation
This document summarizes the rationale for the parameters and conditions that should be taken into consideration in the education and selection of blood donors, in the level of detail that should allow blood service staff, community volunteers and prospective blood donors to understand them.
Message from Dr. Socorro Gross-Galiano
Message from Dr. Socorro Gross-Galiano, Assistant Director of the Pan American Sanitary Bureau, Secretariat of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) on World Blood Donor Day 2011.
!Present! Give Blood Regularly
This year edition of PRESENT includes testimonials and success stories from national institutions, physicians, and individuals from Argentina, Anguilla, Belize, Colombia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Mexico, Paraguay, Suriname, St. Lucia and Uruguay.
Promotional materials associated with World Blood Donor Day. To download click on the image.
PAHO/WHO Mandates: Blood Services
- pdf Gráficas y tablas de soporte: Plan Regional de Acceso Universal a Sangre 2014 - 2019
- CD48.R7 Improving Blood Availability and Transfusion Safety in the Americas
- CD46.R5 Progress Report on the Global Safe Blood Initiative and Plan of Action for 2005-2010
- CD46/16 Progress Report on the Regional Initiative for Blood Safety and Plan of Action for 2006-2010
- CD41/13 Strengthening Blood Banks in the Region of the Americas
- Health Agenda for the Americas 2008-2017
- WHA55.18 Calidad de la atención: seguridad del paciente